top of page
Wisteria at back door
The house dates from 1565. It has seen many alterations and additions since it was first built. The layout inside is confusing for visitors with a multitude of corridors and 17 flights of stairs, there are nearly always two routes from one room to another. Every hundred years or so the owners made major changes and additions, the result is effectively three houses fused together with a tower added for visual effect rather than any meaningful purpose.
The house is now open for guided tours which must be booked in advance, please use the contact us page to make an enquiry.
bottom of page